Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We're In -- Part 2!!!

Registration for this year's Nautica Malibu Triathlon closed out after less than a week. Luckily, Disney's Pirate and Princess made it and will be swimming, biking and running our way to victory on September 14.

Disney's Princess and Pirate (aka Jill and Rene) after the 2007 triathlon

This year, we have added another princess to our relay team -- Tammy!  As it stands right now, Tammy will be swimming, Rene will be biking and I will be running.

Tammy and "friend"!

The best part about this sprint triathlon is that we are working together to raise money for an excellent organization - Childrens Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA). Last year, Team Disney raised more than $235,000 for CHLA! We're hoping to raise MORE than that amount this year and keep our #1 ranking in the Entertainment Industry Challenge.

We can do better than this!

As some of you already know, when I joined the Disney Tri Team last year, it changed my life. The team had a tremendous effect on helping me to get through a personally challenging time in my life.  The feeling of accomplishment, not only in becoming a better runner and a stronger biker, but also in raising money for a cause that I fully support and believe in, is phenomenal. And I have found some great friends and inspiring leaders on the team.

If you'd like to support me (and Tammy, Rene, and Team Disney) by making a donation to CHLA, please visit my fundraising web page. Any contribution you make is greatly appreciated and will make a huge difference in the lives of sick children.

No comments: