Sunday, March 16, 2008

What's In a Name?

I've decided to name my hikes/excursions after my friends. A lot of my experiences here in Hong Kong remind me of my friends back home. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of friends with interests as diverse as my own.

That said, I need to backtrack and rename my "Cemetery Gates" blog as "The J.B. and Cindy (Michelle, Theresa, and Dena) Cemetery Tour." Now, all five of these fine people share my views on the beauty of old cemeteries. I have had the pleasure of exploring cemeteries with both J.B. and Cindy, but still need to experience this with my other friends (which is why their names are in parentheses).

It must also be noted that each of these experiences is preceded (and sometimes concluded) with a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, which is my daily tribute to Amby, and ends with a documentation of the day in my travel books (and on this blog), which has been encouraged by my favorite world travelers, Barbara and Julie.

Coming up -- the "Leslee/Tamara Antiques Extravaganza" and the "Tracy/Mayra Spiritual Hike."

1 comment:

Dena said...

OH MY!!! I made the blog!! I am so excited.

Yes - I dig cemetaries too. I'm all about venturing to some cool ones here in LA when you're back.

When is that exactly? :)

xo
Dena.