Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weight for It

I've never liked lifting weights. My ex-bodybuilder, ex-husband tried to get me lifting regularly - didn't stick. My sister, when she was an exercise instructor, tried to get me lifting regularly - didn't stick. The last ex used to tell me that I needed to lift regularly to tone up what running couldn't (TB!) - of course, that didn't stick either. Whenever I'm at the gym, I look at the weights and then I look at the treadmill.  Guess where I wind up 100% of the time?  No matter how much I try, I just can't seem to stick to a lifting routine without giving up after a couple of weeks.

So I am amused by what my coach refers to as Anatomical Adaptation (AA) workouts.  It's just a fancy term for lifting weights!  Somehow Coach thinks that he will succeed where others have failed -- those damn AA workouts are on my training plan a minimum of twice a week.  I did my first of these today, after my run -- of course, I did not like it.  But, I am determined to follow through since there's an Ironman at stake.

I guess only time will tell if this time it will stick.

1 comment: