Thursday, February 19, 2009

Old Friends, Hump Day and Love Rolls*

Facebook -- what is it good for?

Well, for one, I have been reconnected with old friends from high school, and I swear it is like we are back in high school again.  Funny how some things never change.

I'm also happy to be part of a group that is experimenting with using Facebook as a learning experiment.  As a member of the training industry, I feel that it is imperative that we look at social learning as a huge opportunity and quickly accept it and find ways to leverage it.  But I digress...

Facebook is fun and a great escape from the challenges that we are facing in today's economy.  I enjoy reading what my friends are up to.  And, since I am horrible at keeping in touch via snail mail, phone and email, Facebook provides me with the opportunity to let my loved ones know that I am thinking about them with comments, pokes and status updates. 

*Thanks to Rich S. for the blog title -- which came from Facebook comments and status updates!


1 comment:

Christopher said...

I love the post title and yes, I love Facebook as well. I am sure you already know that. :)