Wednesday, August 20, 2008

No More Excuses!

The stress of travel (lots of it), increased job responsibilities, a breakup, my first century ride, and three marathons -- all since January -- have taken their toll on my body, which just gave up on me this summer. Other than riding my bike to work and forcing at least one weekly run, I've done NOTHING related to training since June.

Well, no more -- according to my calendar, I have less than two weeks until the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon, which means that I need to get off my ass. I also did a really stupid thing and registered for the Nike Human Race 10K on the same day as the 1/2 marathon. So, I run 13.1 miles at 6:00 a.m. and then another 6.2 miles at 8:30 p.m. I barely made two miles on the treadmill tonight -- but my excuse is that my legs were heavy from all the bike riding this week ;)

I'll be going to the beach this weekend to train with the Disney Tri Team -- they are deep into Nautica Triathlon training. I am also committing to doing an Ironman next year -- I've been inspired to do so by some awesome people and I can't wait!

So, no more excuses -- it's back to strict diet and training for me.

No comments: