Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm just sayin'...

There's lazy and then there's LAZY. There's nothing wrong with taking, say, one to two days a month, to do nothing -- I'm guilty of this every once in a while. But what I don't get is people that are not only lazy, but make up excuses for their laziness. This is probably my biggest pet peeve!

I was APPALLED while watching Clean House this week. They did their "messiest home in America 2" and part of me thought that these people had to be kidding for the sake of show business. The house was disgusting - I could not believe that those people actually lived there . . . and, they wanted to have a baby!!!!!! Now, I try not to be judgmental, but with this couple, I could not help it. There was even a mountain of petrified cat shit in one of their closets! And they want kids????!!!! Thank God for Niecy Nash -- she saw through the "foolishness" right away and told these people that they were so not ready to have children -- I mean these people were sleeping on a bedspread that had dog urine and drool all over it!

So, I ask . . . is this for real, or was this just exaggerated for entertainment? Every time they tried to get the husband to do something, he had to take a break after like 10 minutes because of his back. Apparently, he had an injury and that was his excuse for everything. They even showed the idiot lying on his bed whenever the going got tough. The Clean House team did wonders for these people, but I am not sure they will be able to keep it up. Am I the only one who thinks that it is really unfair that the lazy people in this country are rewarded, while the hard-working, responsible people are not? Case in point -- the mortgage crisis (I will spare you my rant on that)!

I'm just sayin'...

2 comments:

CB said...

When I was reading this it reminded me of when I first met Michelle because that's what her apartment was like. Cat vomit encrusted into the carpet, overpowering smell of cat pee, moldy bathroom, etc. And you know if I'm saying something about a slob it's really nasty, because I'm a BIG slob!

Oh, and I'll join you right up on the mortgage crisis soapbox. Pisses me off!

Christopher said...

Hey Jill.. First off, fancy seeing you on blogger. :) Secondly, I hear you about those messy folks. Um, would someone come give me a break and clean my pad. P-p-p-please people. Also, let's not forget how fabulous Niecy is. Love her.

Finally, wanna link our blogs? ;)