Monday, May 12, 2008

It's a Small World!

My good friend and total inspiration, Ironwoman Carolyn, is in Hong Kong this week. She was also in Shanghai during the time I was there (small world!), but we didn't have a chance to get together then. I finally caught up with her on Saturday. I just had to hear all about her Ironman -- she completed Ironman Arizona just a few weeks back and I am so proud and in awe of her. She actually almost has me convinced that I can finish one (yeah, I just need to stop procrastinating and get myself into a pool)!

We met up, had some Starbucks and headed out to the Park. Both of us wanted to check out the "It's a Small World" attraction that just opened.

The attraction was awesome!  Best "Small World" that I have seen. It is a bigger and brighter ride than at WDW or Disneyland and the incorporation of famous Disney characters into the storyline makes it totally unique. We had fun identifying and pointing out the characters. Below are some of the pics that I took (these were actually the ones that did not come out too blurry).

Pinocchio!

Woody and Jessie!

Lilo and Stitch!

Jill and Carolyn!

We rode Space Mountain and then competed against each other on Buzz Lightyear a few times (Carolyn kept winning -- darn! -- but I am getting better!), and then had some lunch at one of the resorts.  It was fun to catch up with her and share stories.  Makes me look forward to going back home and beginning my triathlon training with the team!

No comments: